27 January 2012

Roast pork belly with braised fennel

Tom made roast pork belly with shaved fennel and garlic mash.. Delicious!!

Tom made this last weekend. It was seriously one of the best meals I have ever had in my life. We don't eat a huge amount of meat around here but I think this one is going to become one of our favourites.

Pork belly is a surprisingly cheap cut of meat and don't worry about the fat.. It all cooks off after about 3 hours in the oven, so you are left with a very tender and lean piece of meat. Tom used this recipe (Oh Jamie, where would we be without you?)

The fennel is roasted under the pork belly and covered in wine so it stays nice and tender too. If you eat meat, you must try this recipe.. you will thank me afterwards I promise!

3 comments:

Lady Moss said...

I second that it's fabulous!

Lady Moss said...

P.s if you like that do Nigellas pomegranate lamb shoulder recipe is amazing. We are having it for Sunday lunch tomorrow.
LM x

Sarah said...

Firstly, that meal looks amazing! What a talented chef your husband is!

And secondly, I found your blog through your comment on MamaMia, I'm in tears after reading today's heartbreaking article. Makes me want to wake up my 1-year-old and cuddle her :) Anyway, your website is lovely and I wanted to leave a note to say.. well, there's not enough words, or the right words really, to express how sad I am for you and your family over the loss of little Grace. But I sincerely hope you see those wonderful two pink lines on a stick soon, and you have a healthy and stress-free pregnancy! All the best for a fabulous 2012 x

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.. It is nice to know that there is someone out there (other than my husband) reading my posts! Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...